Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:21:30 +0000
Sender:
From:
Charlie Linder reported results several years ago in ABJ.  He glued a mite upside down and put the smallest crystal of oxalic acid he could handle on its legs.  The mite rolled the crystal on its feet like it was balancing a ball for a few hours and then died.  Upside down mites without the oxalic crystal did not die.  He did a second experiment where he put the smallest drop he could on the back of a mite in a dish.  The drop was oxalic acid in glycerin.  Again in a few hours the mite died while untreated mites did not die.
It seems to me it is quite reasonable to conclude from those two experiments that acids kill mites and the acids can be absorbed into the mite on a considerable part of its body.
So what is new in this current report?  Some very nice pictures that tell me very little, if anything, about how oxalic acid kills mites.

Dick