Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 22 May 2023 01:48:31 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
>The ultimate goal is to preserve the genetic diversity of animals in human care as reservoirs for restocking species if numbers in the wild drop too low.

I would say that this is utopia in beekeeping and beekeeping. We are talking about pathogens. If I have an area where the pathogens are in balance, but some number of colonies with a dominant pathogen move in, the dominant pathogen will always win because it evolved and fought for supremacy.

A typical problem is with DWV. It is known that in a *healthy* bee colony they are in balance as far as variants are concerned. However, if one variant prevails over the others, the bee colony will be destroyed, the beekeeper will give medicine to the hive, but the virus will still prevail and the situation will repeat itself next year. If such a colony goes elsewhere, the pathogen of the winning virus continues to win.

That's why it's always a problem to think that genetic preserves work in bees. If viral selection took place in the canning and the beekeeping can is drugged to survive, it will probably be difficult for it to survive elsewhere and in the wild after the first season. Or is it different?

Gustav Palan