Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:56:49 -0600
From:
Russ Litsinger <[log in to unmask]>
>I listened yesterday...

I also gave Dr. Delaplane's talk a listen and two things stood out to me:

1. The basis for this work is the idea of 'Transgenerational Immune Priming' (a topic we batted around in November) whereby adults are able to confer resistance to their offspring. If this ability is ubiquitous, then bees may in-fact already be inoculating themselves against various pathogens they are being exposed to.

2. The observation that the vaccine is effectively ground-up bee parts from infected specimens. Harkening back a couple generations of AFB research, I am reminded that Dr. Rothenbuhler famously pointed out, ‘If you are selecting for disease resistance, you must have the disease.’