Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 24 May 2024 11:10:39 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
> Now that is some pretty incontrovertible evidence for local adaptation, in yeast.

I read the article as coevolutionary, not as an example of local adaptation. The distinction is worth noting since local adaptation infers ecotypes—the bane of our queen breeders' existence and the perennial hope of folks looking for "local queens."   I'm convinced that beekeepers interpret, or confuse  local adaptation with attempts at advancing coevolution by breeding for traits.