Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2023 12:50:45 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
In a world where militaries consume at least 10% of resources and use them to are deliver huge amounts of toxic materials into peaceful neighbourhoods and destroying them, and create huge amounts of unrecyclable waste that poison the soil and water,  where our so-called 'leaders' jet around the world to talk about conservation and plan the next 'crisis, and where foods, many of them overprocessed and wasteful of inputs, are overpackaged and often discarded for cosmetic reasons, and where immense amounts of energy and materials are 'wasted' daily, I wonder how much a beekeeper's choice of materials impacts anything.

After research into real costs, IMO much of the talk of conservation amounts to uninformed and wishful virtue signalling.  If we examine the full impacts of production, storage, delivery, and disposal, we often find that we are being misled about 'eco-friendliness'.  If there is  such a thing and if it matters.

If we really cared, we would go back to skeps.

Just sayin'.

Personally, I found EPS boxes and plastic foundation to be the best and most efficient products for my beekeeping.  I doubt 'The Planet' even noticed.

As for BTW, many commercial honey producers consume as much or more manufactured sugar syrups to feed their bees as they ship in pounds of honey and others consume vast resourecs trucking bees all over Kingdom Come to pollinate specialty crops that contribute little of practical value.

Just sayin'.

I think it is easy to get conned into thinking that (for the most part) anything we do as individuals matters in the least, and if we fall for the line, we sacrifice while the perps squander anyhting we may have saved.