Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2023 05:26:24 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Again, if I may, my personal note from my practice.

If paraffin biodegradation is not mentioned, this is only partial and incomplete scientific information. I used paraffin coating on the wooden frame of the feeder and had to throw them all away. Within two seasons the feeders started to smell really bad, then I found out from other scientific work that certain bacteria break down paraffin in the presence of sugar and water.

Paraffin is not eternal, it degrades quickly under certain conditions.

But transferring this knowledge to a "flawless" paraffined bee building, where bees also store sugar and water, is already simple. I write about the microbiology of the bee work, created by man. That's when I see a lot of damage related to the existence of the bee colony. A lot of people simply have unlimited faith in paraffin, which has a lot of qualities as a manufactured product. And before long it rots due to some mold or bacteria build up in the hive. That's why I make the cellular basic mixture only for myself and I know that it is a perfect mixture, a recycled mixture from my hives and without paraffins and other substitutes that do not originate from the hive. For example, to improve the quality, I use capping wax, purely obtained by hand, it has a very high percentage of impurities, because the bee often uses whatever is at hand to cap the honey, including pollen grains, where I don't know where it gets such a large amount.

  I thought the interior coating of the hive should be optimal with a resin content. (tree resin) Not from petroleum.

Gustav Palan