From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2023 22:27:18 -0400
I got a text asking me to confirm the news about BIP.

There has been no announcement made for publication, and while my spies are legion, I will not violate confidences or betray anyone by quoting them.

I will observe that the lack of an official announcement seems to be due to an effort afoot to find a university or other entity with funding that is willing to pick up and run with the information assets BIP has amassed, and allow something to arise from the ashes of BIP in some new form using the same name, but the "laid-off" staff has been offered no assurances or even speculation as to future employment even if another entity picks up the data and intellectual property BIP holds.

As a general rule, when I say something without qualification, and do not offer specifics or details in support, it is not because I am being coy, but solely because I will not violate confidences.