From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2023 08:38:59 -0400
Last night, 2023-06-08, near Boone, NC at an elevation of about 3,000 ft,
there was frost.

Windshields had to be scraped this morning.

I was sent photographic proof by a gentleman with decades of both excellent
academic and beekeeping credentials.

Strange Days.

The impact of the Canadian wildfires on the Northeastern USA is that "mask
required" signs have been moved from the outsides of doors to the insides.

We are now advised to wear masks *outside*, rather than inside.

I have a very nice full-face respirator for Oxalic vaporization, but I
hesitate to wear it in public, as I do not want to start a panic.