From:
Russ Litsinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2023 00:30:02 +0000
>Back to bees, I think there is a preponderance of evidence that feral bees freely interbreed with domestic bees in most locales.

We seem ever tempted to resort to generalizations that sound plausible on the surface but are not met with much scientific rigor. The above appears offered as a statement of fact, but even when we acknowledge free admixture in all locations where feral and managed bee stocks overlap, the reality is there is very little in the way of scholarly research concerning the relative abundance of the feral versus managed stocks in many locations - including most of the Northern Hemisphere.

And that is before we even consider the various landscapes in the industrialized world - including urban centers such as that found in recent work on feral colonies in Belgrade:

https://www.mdpi.com/2075-4450/12/12/1127