From:
David Harrod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2023 09:00:18 -0400
I wish there was more insight into the real world of bee commerce too.

In my experience, with some exceptions, beekeepers seem to feel that they have something to hide.

It’s odd. Uncertainty about what is legal is part of it I think. A general distrust of human beings is also in there. A desire not to be bothered seems to play a role. A sense of usually being overwhelmed and not wanting to invite trouble may be a factor.

It seems there are different reasons for different people at different scales, but in general it makes beekeeping somewhat of an occult activity.

I believe I’ve veered into a new subject area though. Apologies.

David Harrod (he/him)