From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2022 19:01:39 -0500
Interesting trial but I am not sure it proves anything except that, in this case, under these conditions, all did well.

Since all colonies did well, apparently they did not encounter climate or weather events where any one or another of the treatments would be favoured -- or where any one of the treatments would result in death or attrition.

While some winter loss takes place over time, others take place over a very short time period -- days or a week -- due to some event that goes unnoticed by the beekeeper.

With bees, any one success or failure may be difficult to repeat.   I've made the mistake of thinking that because I did things one way one year that I could count on the same results the next.

Just the same, that is an interest report and a reason to question our habits and assumptions.