From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2022 09:59:09 -0800
>Without the control, no conclusions can be made

Thank you for posting the above!
I don't know why beekeepers have such a difficult time grasping this
concept...

That said, thank you all for your *observations* -- I understand that you
were not claiming
that you had run controlled comparative trials.
Your high survivals without upper ventilation gives reason to question the
need for top vents.

>My conclusion was there was no difference between different entrances in
terms of survival and strength

T's observation above is of great interest, since there did not appear to
be an adverse effect (as far as colony survival) from top ventilation.  I'd
be curious about relative honey consumption.

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
530 277 4450
ScientificBeekeeping.com