From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2024 11:07:24 -0400
Some research has show that T mites can in fact feed on adults.   it seems there is one spot they are successful at and have been seen.  I don't recall which presentation I was at that reported it.   And as mentiond  theey are looking hard at other carriers.

Side not,  as a beekeeper,  I think the idea they cannot survive on adults is peculiar,  if not down right crazy.  This little buger moves supper fast,  and is tiny as heck.   To assume because  we have not seen it,  it does not feed is  weird.  it seems to me the fact that it is now living in cold climates say we are simple wrong.

Charles