From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:38:25 -0400
>Amitraz is starting to fail, so many beekeepers are looking for alternative
>treatments.
If I hear: Amitraz, fluvalinate, this and that and that stop working. A question rings in my ears. How did you come to that conclusion? What practical experiments are carried out in order to refute the effect of degradation of the active substance that may be part of the immediate decomposition.

I know scientists who write papers about changes in expression inside the mite, but that is something to be expected when the active substance is administered in a small concentration.

  If the application is repeated and a new, just unpacked, e.g. amitraz carrier, preferably from another manufacturer, is inserted repeatedly, the effects will reappear and the mite will die.

  So what's wrong?
  Active ingredient, active ingredient manufacturing process, conditions for applying the active ingredient to the carrier, (preparation production) active ingredient carrier, storage conditions, application conditions, degradation of the active ingredient in one carrier, different degradation in the other carrier?

Does your state or federal drug regulatory agency control the amount and quality of acaricide products in their laboratory? Where are the logs to research?

Besides. The share and quality of the active substance is carried away and is not investigated in the Czech Republic if there is little or no competitive pressure. The Ekopol affair took place in UnĂ¡s, when a synthetically produced pyrethroid was found in an organic product. Who was the competitor is known. No one knows what the synthesis of pyrethrin means under the bio regime. Beekeepers lost one promising varroa control because they found something in the product that was supposed to be there. (just my opinion)

https://www.vcelarstvi.cz/aktuality/pripravky-ekopol-apidez-a-bisanar-zakazany-jiz-i-na-slovensku/

Gustav Palan