From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2023 14:13:29 -0400
The question has been asked “Are we drifting from our moorings. " I used to think that we should not, but if all bee keepers anchored to one idea there would be no improvements .

While it is safe to our own pockets to be conservative, yet no class has done more to advance the interests of the bee-keepers than those who experiment, and seem not to be satisfied with their present condition. We can change too much, and again too little. I am aware that I have missed some good opportunities by being a little too set in my ways, and I have had too little charity for improvements; medium ground is safe ground on which to stand .

We should watch the signs of the times and not jump conclusions, nor bite at all that takes our fancy , nor kick at all that we despise, we ought always to review, draw conclusions and watch very closely what the mass of bee keepers seem to favor , or decide upon. If we are good readers of indications we need never get left, and often can go across lots, thus reaching the head of the procession, but be sure we know the way across else better we had gone around.

From New Inventions. BY JOHN F. GATES. Ovid, Erie County, Pa. MARCH, 1892.