From:
Gustav Palan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2022 04:12:18 -0500
>That is why the early reports of CCD, which I believe were fall/winter related, and lack of robbing seem very odd.

In my opinion, I don't know if it is correct, it is an understandable symptom. Just like there is a difference between diarrhea and dysentery.

A similar effect is only a high value of infection pressure in the focus of the infection to the number of bee colonies.

It would be advisable to develop a differential diagnosis in the case of CCD. But how to exclude other diagoses when it comes to the synergy of many diagoses?

 Exclude those that CCD suppressed, pushed out by its competition. One pathogen predominates, sometimes the other.

For example, even though it is known that baculovirus is part of the body of the varroa mite, it is not excluded from the circle of differential diagnosis.

So that's how you can understand the apparent robbery. It does not occur in the case of a dominant infection, which in a short time eliminates the foraging caste of bees, which is still supplemented by young bees.

However, there are always mechanisms in healthy bee colonies that initiate certain castes of the bee colony to drift. Until the infection pressure increases.

So that look is only about open robbery and not covert. That's understandable.

How to get out of the wheel or round and condense the problem. It is possible to use this mechanism of collapse to go against the collapse itself, but you need to know all the other mechanisms that cause the collapse itself, it is not just CCD.

For example, I can logically see such a mechanism in nuke sellers, every year they sell one bee frame at the same time as prophylaxis, but at the same time they spread hidden potential germs into the space, which are just waiting for optimal conditions when the infection pressure will increase.

I have a question related to this, how is the package sale of beehives between US states doing compared to hives with frames.

Gustav Palan