From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2022 13:46:54 -0700
>1.  Have you compared the gut contents of bees taken from thriving colonies
to those from dying colonies?
Yes, I test samples for each colony (healthy and unhealthy)
>2.  Re: "Thermodynamically, cold stress is higher due larger exposed
surfaces and large bee to volume ratios."
I am describing the hive enclosure geometry/properties vs that of the bee
cluster. From my monitoring of the clusters within these two sizes, the
"maintained" internal temperatures different. During cold spells that
clusters in the doubles, contract much more than those in a single brood
box. The internal temperatures, inside the hives boxes are lower in the
double than the singles. This likely creates a less regulated internal
environment (volume outside of cluster). I have temperature histograms for
the internal measured temperatures for both geometries. .