From:
Beekeepers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:03:28 +0100
> only a tiny amount of honey goes IN the box.

We could also ask about the type and quality of the honey.  My understanding is that large quantities of cheap Chinese and Vietnamese honey are perhaps used in cereals.  How much of that is from rubber - extra-floral nectaries, not blossom - and how much is adulterated?   Recent surveys of supermarket honey shows that most are adulterated - even from the top retailers.  No wonder they can retail 1lb jars at £0.89 when the average wholesale price for genuine English honey is £5.

The puzzling thing is that our Trading Standards Departments do not seem to take any action!

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W