From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2021 12:14:55 -0400
>In the second year (2017), we exchanged queens between colony pairs (n =
21): a queen from a poor-brood colony was introduced into a good-brood
colony and vice versa. We observed that brood patterns of queens originally
from poor-brood colonies significantly improved after placement into a
good-brood colony after 21 days, suggesting factors other than the queen
contributed to brood pattern.

This reminds me a conversation I had with Peter "the lyon of western
australia" Detchon about how bees know and teach how to grow long, healthy
and big queen cells. Do not remember exactly his experiment but he was able
to teach a colony that produces small cell how to rise bigger ones. Maybe
he could explain.