From:
Seth Charbonneau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2021 18:00:44 +0000
> Over the past decade, concern about the negative effects of various in-hive treatments for Varroa has led to an increase in beekeepers practicing treatment-free beekeeping.

Arguably the reverse has happened in the past decade and we have seen a decrease in TF beekeeping
a quick look at the BIP data suggests the Darwin principals many TF gurus are fond of talking about greatly affected the number of practitioners as selection pressure removed them for the beekeeping pool

 2010-2011 was the 1st year treatments were tracked about (eyeballing the grafts) 54% of sideliners and 70 of back yard beekeepers reported being TF
and then almost every year after that there was a downward trend in TF and a upward trend in losses for all keeper types
2019-2020 its about   7% sideliners and 17% practicing TF