From:
Georges Prigent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 05:18:59 -0400
Hi Randy,
You can use this link http://touchardinforeseau.servehttp.com/Ruche/
You will be able to gather the data inside hive all year around (hive named France or Denmark) and compare to outside weather (weather station Tessé).
This 2020 year in France, was really dry and my honey moisture is around 17%. After mid-July the honeybees were collecting (early in the morning) honeydew on chestnut and oak trees, the honey moisture was only 15.3%.
I always wonder how the bee react so fast to keep the brood between 50% and 60% humidity even when outside air is 30% humidity. In the desert (Yemen) you can find honey at 13% humidity ; therefore brood could be affected if the bees cannot collect water somewhere. You certainly know the work of Mr White done in 1975 who determined by experiment (outside hive in controlled atmosphere) honey moisture according outside humidity.
Here is the table :
Approximate equilibrium between relative humidity (RH) of ambient air and water content of a clover honey (White, 1975a).
Air (%RH   Honey (% water content)
50	              15.9
55	              16.8
60	              18.3
65	              20.9
70	              24.2
75	              28.3
80	              33.1
Hope you can acces the link, you have to select D = day, W = week or M = month, with the arrow you can surf on different months of the year.
The hives are installed in my former high school (lycée Gabriel Touchard Le Mans France).
Georges Le Mans France