From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2020 15:06:09 -0400
Question: The impact of using a slatted rack on a double and a single hive. My guess is that there will be more benefit on single brood hives.

As you can see, we are already getting frigid weather uphere in the north. This chart shows several sensors below and above a slatted rack on a double brood hive. I will also be doing the same on a single brood hive. Difference between grey and yellow line is the temperature difference above and below the rack. orange line and yellow tells me that the lower portion of the cluster is contracting/or moving up (less heat loss). This is for the left most hive in the picture. I'm finally learning the power of Power Queries in excel. I can finally merge and append all my data sources without the use of a crazy amount of formulas and vlookups. 🙂
The T spike on the 17th is me installing my 3 sided enclosure around these hives
Note: if you have other ideas of questions I could be asking this winter, please let me know.