From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2020 00:06:46 -0400
Testing my Hypothesis: (2 attached pictures)
Taking a snapshot at 2pm today to make sure all my sensors are reporting properly, I calculated a "1hr snapshot" x 7 days to illustrate resource consumption. This is a rough estimate though it won't be that far off from the actual value. The numbers get more accurate once brood rearing has completely stopped and outside Ts have cooled some more. Once I get a complete winter of data set I will do this for every hour of data to get granular values and sums. I received monitoring data from someone who did similar down south (US) in just a wooden hive. I will be able to show how in polys the cluster behaviour is influenced by the R value and during most Ts >-20C only the lower surface of the cluster is affected by the cold. but in wooden hives the majority of the cluster surface is impacted by the outside Ts and Tinside = Toutside. (My hypothesis).
I will also be pulling my screened bottom board tray once my wrapping is complete.
Second picture shows similar profile for single brood hive. In this one I have spaced out some RH% sensors in probable condensation areas. For each lb of honey consumed, ~0.67lbs of water is generated.

Feedback is always welcomed. If anyone was ever interested in the data to run their own numbers please let me know. No secrets here.