From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2020 07:26:25 -0700
> Some of the brood nests are pollen bound with any emerged bee cells
filled with pollen.

Etienne, I hear of this issue from various areas, and sometimes experience
it myself during almond pollination.  Luckily for us, during the pollen
dearth following almonds, our colonies quickly consume the excess beebread.

But others aren't so "lucky," so I'm also curious whether anyone has come
up with a good solution, other than soaking the combs in water and washing
out the beebread with a strong water spray.  Has anyone on the list tried
pollen traps to prevent this?

As with most any food, the nutritional quality of beebread diminishes over
time and temperature, so I suspect that you'd need to freeze the combs for
long-term storage.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA