Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:36:47 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter Armitage <[log in to unmask]>
I am a recently new participant in this LISTSERV.  I was introduced to it indirectly by Peter Borst who spoke of his reasons for abandoning BEESOURCE and support for BEE-L in a THINKING BEE PODCAST dating to February 5, 2016.

I get a great deal out of this informed beekeeping medium and greatly appreciate the fact that the participants take a science, evidentiary-based approach to apiculture. I especially appreciate the efforts of the moderators to keep the discussion respectful and on-point.  Having participated in poorly moderated FaceBook groups and other LISTSERVs, I understand full well how abusive and intimidating social media can be. And, having moderated our beekeeping association’s public FaceBook group, I appreciate the challenges that moderators face.

I strongly support the “culture” of BEE-L and the emphasis on mutual respect. At the same time, I endorse the application of negative sanctions to participants who violate the normative rules of this culture.  Moderating is hard work, so thank you very much, Allen Dick, for providing this service to our community!