Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 2020 11:19:05 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
>  here is the knot tying video from their most excellent collection of beekeeping videos

Hi all
That's the sort of knot I was talking about, and yet he makes it a little fussy. I guess I should make a video, the actually tying is very fast. As far as the second loop goes, I got chewed out for adding a second loop one time. The boss said: don't use any fancy southern California knots.

The basic knot is fast to tie, very fast to untie (you just slip the loop and the whole thing comes apart). Oddly enough, most of the books warn against this knot, or anything based on the sheepshank, as being unreliable. This may be especially the case with newer rope. But in practice, I have never heard of this knot giving out when properly tied.

However, there are several variations that are certain to make the knot practically unbeatable. They just add extra steps and make it harder to untie. An ideal knot is quick to tie, safe, and quick to untie.

PLB