From:
Aylett Apiaries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 2021 10:34:35 -0500
I find it somewhat strange that among all the studies concerning the
efficacy of OAV, not one has tested the method that thousands of beekeepers
are actually using with great results. Nor have I seen any studies that
compare the use of a pan style heater vs that of a band heater style. In
the Southeast, I can assure you that regular applications of a higher than
recommended amount of OA, in my case 3.5 g per double 10 frame deep brood
chamber,  with a band heater style vaporizer at 7 day intervals WILL
control varroa. No brood breaks, queen caging, or other actions deleterious
to the hive required.