From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2021 11:05:36 -0500
>Bees produce amylase.

Yes, but it's not so clear why because plant nectaries generally hydrolyze their starch to produce sugars during the process of secretion and there's little to none left in nectar. It's also not clear that, although bees produce amylase, it would be available in enough quantity to hydrolyze the amount of starch in rice products. I'd suggest trying to roll out a thin sheet of fondant as support for granular sugar or dry out a  sugar cake which needs no additional support.

> Moreover, there are many starch granules per amyloplast; this increases starch surface area, facilitating and speeding hydrolysis at the time of nectar production and secretion. The starch is hydrolysed before the start of secretion.

>Nectar biodiversity: a short review
E. Pacini, M. Nepi1, and J. L. Vesprini

Department of Environmental Sciences ‘‘G. Sarfatti’’, Siena, Italy
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Zavalla, Argentina