From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2021 10:06:06 -0500
> a standoff between those with extensive hands-on experience with the acids and those who cite authorities and theory.

I'm sorry, but it was THE LAW rather than "theory" that was cited.
At least in the US, OSHA regs have the force of law behind them, so compliance is not optional.

And as was pointed out:

> Anyone who has tested the wand vaporizers sees this. The OA melts, then starts boiling then starts giving off copious vapor. It is not sublimation.

So, call it mere semantics if you like, but part of the "poof" behind a cloud of OA is the additional "oomph" of water-vapor steam.
And anyone can see the process, but wear a good respirator if you want to get your face that close.