From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2021 20:46:31 -0400
I read the letter and came to quite the opposite conclusion. Einstein wrote:

“I am well acquainted with Mr. v. Frisch’s admirable investigation. But I cannot see a possibility to utilize those results in the investigation concerning the basis of physics. Such could only be the case if a new kind of sensory perception, resp. of their stimuli, would be revealed through the behaviour of the bees.”

* It sounds to me like he is _not_ looking to bee behavior as it was understood to reveal anything about the "basis of physics."  A discussion at Bee-L started in 1997. Someone posted a quote from NY Times Science Desk, April 7, 1998:

Barbara Shipman:  “It seems to me natural that quantum mechanics must have some interaction with biology, which is the most complex of all physical  systems. At least it's worth looking into, don't you think?” Dr. Shipman has yet to persuade publishers to print the paper outlining her ideas.

* Near as I can determine, nothing was published except popular pieces extolling the wowness of Shipman's ideas.

PLB