From:
Etienne Tardif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2021 19:33:25 -0400
It is really a matter of perspective. I live in a different country with a dependence on queen imports in spring (May to mid June). From an American perspective (lower 48), it is not required or worth the effort, north of the border for us more independent types who don't want to have to ship (fly x 2 or 3 times before reaching final destination) I support the pursuit and study of approaches that make beekeeping less reliant on another nation. Here is a presentation from the authors (Part 1 is on queen shipment methods, Part 2 is on the queen banking). https://www.ontariobee.com/sites/ontariobee.com/files/document/QueensARousseau.pdf

From Sue Cobey's perspective (Pacific Northwest) why would she want or need to bank queens "overwinter" or try to perfect the method!!