From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 2021 11:03:06 -0700
I reported here many years ago our experience with an expensive Australian
breeder queen that went missing.

We kept the queen in a four-frame nuc by itself on the south wall of our
house for convenience.  My wife would go out and get what she needed on the
way to grafting.

One day there were no/ eggs and even after very careful examination, no
queen.  She was marked and easy to spot, but even after emptying the nuc
and shaking bees she was nowhere to be found.  She confirmed that again
hours later.

A few days or maybe a week later, my wife went to requeen or combine the
nuc but when she pulled a frame, there was the queen, laying as if she
never left'.

Can you top that, anyone?