From:
Rebekah Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 14:24:18 -0500
<"Re: Oxalic Acid kills mites through foot pads? randy oliver <[log in to unmask]> Sun, 22 Jul 2018 08:34:40 -0700: 'OA does not exist as vapor when it touches hive surfaces or bees, otherwise it would melt or cook them.  Instead, it forms tiny crystals.  There is very clear evidence that if a mite's footpads touch those crystals, the mite dies.  If a crystal touches a mite's carapace, there is no apparent immediate effect.'">

Please direct me to the "very clear evidence". This has been an ongoing topic in a small discussion group that I'm a part. I seem to recall Randy did some sort of "test" on a few varroa and empodia were the intake organ. I'm looking for a journal or research (unpub?) article. Thanks for any help, Rebekah