From:
Andrew Dewey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2020 14:51:34 -0500
My refined concern is in advising folks who aren't aware there is a
pesticide label (let alone that it has the force of law), that PPE
requirements are optional.  Some of the people making this
recommendation may have experience in handling chemicals (and be at
least in their own eyes legitimate experimenters), though the same can't
be presumed of all new beekeepers.

My suspicion (hardly informed as the name of this list implies) is that
in MA, the Commonwealth did not want the liability of having an employee
not certified in pesticide application, doing so.  The potential
consequences of beekeepers who are unable to or purposely ignore
pesticide labels, scare me as I can't predict what the governmental
response will be.  Unfortunately, requiring beekeepers to use certified
pesticide applicators seems all too likely.

--
https://www.avg.com