From:
Catherine Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 2020 14:45:02 -0700
There is a group of beeks in my beekeeping association who are heavily into
propagating "local bees", even to the point of scolding people who buy nucs
and packages because the sources are outside the local boundaries they
agreed upon. Their reference point is Dr. Seeley's "Darwinian Beekeeping".

I wonder if there have been any actual studies done to indicate the
superiority of "local" bees to those brought in from -  well, it is hard to
say where, since the idea of "local" is not so well defined.

Best,
Catherine

*Catherine Edwards*
*(510)421-7206*