Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 2021 11:31:47 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Hi Dick,

You wrote:
> That single gene nonsense was the whole basis of first spending billions of dollars to learn the human genome.  If we knew the whole genome we would solve all kinds of human disease issues by identifying the single gene responsible.  Well, we have known the human genome now for over 20 years and solved zero human disease issues as a result.  We have gotten lots and lots of benefits from knowing the human genome and learning the techniques to determine the human genome.  So, we got out moneys worth and then some, just not from solving disease issues.

Comment:
Personally, I am glad that you have continued to post here, I value your experience and point of view. I have no issue with what you wrote (above). I am curious, though, as to what you what regard as some of the "lots and lots of benefits from knowing the human genome." I mean, I know of many of the touted discoveries, but what do you think, if you have time to name a few. As an aside, I got an email stating (below); it seems quite apparent that *they* are benefitting from so-called genetic discoveries.

> When we started 23andMe we had dreams of being able to transform the world of healthcare, research and therapeutic discovery by empowering individuals with genetic information. Fifteen years later, we are getting closer and closer to that goal. Today, I am excited to share that we are taking steps to become a public company.

Pete