From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2019 15:18:30 +0000
Many of you have been following our work on an acoustic app to detect honey bee pests, diseases, and exposures to pesticides.   The app has been in two years of private beta testing.  Now we need to TUNE the app to the sounds of bees over geographical regions. For example, our recordings and data show that bees have accents.  For example, honey bees from New Zealand sound a bit different from bees in the U.S.   U.K. bees add yet another shift, as do bees from Australia.

To accomplish this task, we launched a Kickstarter project this morning.  Our goal is to adequately fund this last step, so that the App is properly tuned for accuracy over large geographical areas and for countries other than just the U.S. and Canada.   You can find the project athttps://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beehealthguru/bee-health-guru-a-smartphone-app-for-beekeepers

Thanks to all for your patience (waiting for us to get the app completed and on iPhone, Android, and Windows platforms) and support.  Although it's in English at the moment, if we get reasonable funding, we will provide  it in other languages, with Spanish being a major objective to better serve our friends in S. America.

Jerry
J.J. Bromenshenk/Bee Alert Technology, Inc. Team