Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:59:28 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
> it is perilous to draw direct lines between the hybridization possibilities in mammals to those available when multiple patrilines 

I don't think Brother Adam's work was hypothetical, he did it and got results. His work is dismissed by many, especially racial purists. But I think it's pretty clear he knew what he was doing. 

Creating new forms is not restricted to mammals, in any case. One of the books I have had the longest is "New creations in plant life. An authoritative account of the life and work of Luther Burbank." 

Burbank was to plants as Brother Adam was to the honey bee. He was looked down upon by the scientific community but he is still remembered for his plant creations.

> Burbank became a legend in his time as the plant inventor and horticultural wizard releasing a prodigious 800 new cultivars, a number of which are still being grown, the most famous being the ‘Burbank’ potato, the ‘Santa Rosa’ plum, and the ‘Shasta’ daisy. -- Jules Janick, in HORTSCIENCE VOL. 50(2) FEBRUARY 2015

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2