From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2019 10:29:02 +0100
Hi Peter & All

>> I understand that the logic behind this is to prevent swarming.
>
> No.  It buys time.

Buys time for what?

I neither clip nor mark queens but do get swarms, occasionally, when I don’t take some nucs from the strongest colonies.  Many beekeepers I know, both in Canada and here in Ireland, don’t make splits or nucs because they don’t want to increase their colony numbers or???

The colony in Cloughjordan continued to swarm and return daily until yesterday when they followed Peter’s advice and left for new pastures.

Thanks Peter!

Bob Darrell
Cloughjordan Tipperary Ireland
53N7W