From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:26:21 -0500
I was surprised to see a query about packages for $175 and up! I thought
NFW! Then I started shopping around and found the lows around $130 and the
highs at or above $175. Keeping apples to apples, these apples wire 3-lb
packages with queen, shipping not included.

My first thought, "This is crazy!" Then I got to be thinking supply and
demand. Among other rumors, I've been hearing the uptick in beekeeping
popularity is waning . That would speak to waning demand. Continued input
hints that the beepocolypse was overblown hype, hence supply is strong. So
speculation may hint strong supply and weak demand. I'm not that naive, I'm
aware that the supply/demand is tight and always expect a year to year
upward creep in price. But I am shocked to see a $50 spike in one year.

I suspect the demise of Brushy Mountain and the take over of Kelley
Beekeeping has an impact on this.

Comments? Speculation?