From:
Gene Ash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2019 05:44:30 -0600
a couple of James Fischer snips followed by > my comments
This seems an unfair characterization based upon invalid assumption or
three.

But disparagement among beekeepers tends to always be in the third person
plural voice.  The conjugation is invariably "MY bees are great, YOUR bees
may need looking at, HIS bees are weak, THEIR bees are collapsing".

>Well first off Jim I am not diss'ing anyone and there are no assumptions in my comments.. It was really just a simple question based on observation of lots and lots of commercial hives and an unanswered question (see bottom of page) that come to mind.

>Certainly all of these hives are used for pollination and honey production and none seem to have the time or manpower to remove feeders during the honey season. With the up and down season we have experienced in the mid states over the past few years even an adequately trained beekeeper will feed (no matter what time of year it is) rather than see their hives starve. If the season then turns positive with late summer rains and honey suddenly comes do they extract the honey and pay their bills or worry about 'possible' unintended adulteration?

>None of these even sell the same product that I sell (at least from an economic/marketing point of view)... so I could care less (I am just their to collect the data) what their bees look like although I do like to ask lot of questions as to how other beekeeper do certain things (process). Most (but not all) sell to packers wholesale and the packer  seem to have some testing in line or are devoting resources to test product to see if they represent any potential problem to the consumer < you seem to suggest this yourself in your prior comments.

>and to my prior alluded to question...I do hear word (gossip or certainly second hand information) that packers have refused product but never a good explanation of why and this unanswered question just seems o naturally make my simple mind ask WHY?

Gene in Central Texas...