From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:11:30 -0700
Good news.
My sons needed to emergency evacuate three yards of bees ahead of fire,
under the supervision of Animal control.  They were not allowed to evacuate
a fourth, and needed to wait until the area was reopened yesterday.  We
lucked out -- the fire did not cross the road adjacent to the apiary!

Our skies sometimes get so dark from smoke that you need headlights on in
the middle of the day.  I snapped the attached photo in midafternoon when
the wind shifted, and everything suddenly went dark.  Luckily, it was from
a fire further north.

It is scary to be living in any rural area on the West Coast right now.
We're all living with our bags packed and generators for power.

Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA
530 277 4450
ScientificBeekeeping.com