From:
Jonathan Knisely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 09:46:22 -0400
I work in NYC, though my bees are in New Haven, CT. On my walk from my pied
a terre in Long Island City to the subway and from the subway to work, I
pass linden, maple, cherry, pear, ginkgo, Redbud, oak, and locust trees.
Along the East River’s riverbank, in the park opposite the United Nations,
there are extensive plantings of goldenrod and aster, with Dutch clover in
the greensward.

Not like the canola fields of Saskatchewan, but a well-managed hive can eke
out a living, and produce a little surplus, I expect.

I wonder whether the bees are collecting a little roof tar to add to the
propolis, though!

Jonathan Knisely