From:
Eugene Makovec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2020 10:53:52 -0600
"For many years I went by the old adage that bees fly when the temperature is above 50 degrees and don’t fly when the temperature is below 50."

I've always seen great variation between colonies, from close to 40 to above 50. More populous colonies also seem to send out foragers sooner than the sparse ones. I've popped open the latter in spring thinking they were dead, only to find them holding tightly in cluster while their neighbors were active at the entrance.

Eugene Makovec
Foley, Missouri