Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable
Message-ID:
Sender:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
We have had this discussion many times on many products/treatments and we seem to follow similar arguments each time. 1,  If a person is careless or stupid they could hurt themselves or damage their product, bees, the environment or end civilization as we know it. 2, If a person is informed and careful the product/treatment can be a useful tool helping in the pursuit of successful beekeeping. 3, Others will also always inject the "law" and argue that government directives must be followed and the thought process can not be considered above civil authority.

What I value above all on this list is the education I get from contributors on the science and chemistry underling the questions. Great thanks to all for making me a better and more successful beekeeper as well being a bit better educated. I tend to disregard the alarms of extreme danger based on rare or as yet unobserved actual cases of harm to beekeepers or bees. I have always been an outlaw. I try to think for myself and do the right thing even if it sometimes conflicts with authority. 

I am careful, wear my seat belt, use protective gear, wear a mask these days, read and listen and think. I use oxalic in it's various formulations. I use formic in various applications. I am looking for information to do both more effectively and safely. We each can decide for ourselves what level of fear we will accept and that in the end is a personal decision. 

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2