Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2020 10:53:16 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
> Beyond Janet's suggestion above I have seen what looks
> like EFB in commercial hives used for pollination that at
> least one very large pollination owner informs me is
> contamination from fungicide.

That's a new one - the far more usual case is the agri-giants trying to lay
blame for pesticide/fungicide/herrbicide poisoning at the feet of disease,
not the other way 'round.

The conventional wisdom used to be that EFB was started by "stress and
malnutrition", and it was cured by getting some feed on the hives affected,
so I can buy a scenario of a fungicide messing up food fed to brood, and
causing that malnutrition, but was there more to this story than that?

Did anyone take photos?  Samples? Any actual Melissococcus plutonius
detected? Any idea which fungicide product?  Tank-mixed with what else?

We have all seen EFB in one form or another, so it would be interesting to
see what subtle factors differ between the real EFB and the look-alike.