Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:45:10 +0000
Sender:
From:
Richard Cryberg <[log in to unmask]>
I see nothing new at all in this patent.  It talks about the same RNA experiments contaminated with lithium chloride that killed mites while the RNA itself proved pretty ineffective that we all saw a year or so ago.  It sets the safe dose limits for lithium fed to adults and also discloses that these doses are lethal to larva, which we also saw a year or so ago.  So the only possible use is when the bees are broodless and we already have easy ways to kill mites under those conditions.  Ways that do not requite the bees to be eating anything we feed them.  About the best I can see is the lawyer who wrote the patent did a marvelous job of getting lots of legalese language in to confuse the whole thing.  Pretty normal for a patent.

Dick

HL Mencken said: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. "