Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2020 11:22:32 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
The comments regarding bees using top entrances, holes in damaged equipment, or the bottom entrance have mostly been observation of returning bees. My guess, and it is only that, is that bees will tend to return to the same place that they exited the hive. I also speculate that they will exit from the closest handy place. So depending if they were pollen foragers putting there load in a spot near the brood nest, or a nectar gatherer handing off to a transfer host, or just getting up in the morning after spending the night low in the cluster and heading out for the first trip it could vary and vary through the day. I doubt that it makes much difference but would be an interesting observation for someone that wants to spend time watching an observation hive with colored dust.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA