Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2019 08:07:23 -0700
From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>

> >Right, that's why I didn't comment on the piece myself. I think we have
> heard it all too many times. I just felt like pointing out how little has
> changed in the litany of woes.

The scary thing to me is that if the media generally doesn't get the bee
situation right, how many other subjects are they wrong on?
There is *some* deep and balanced media reporting, but for much of it the
reporter just skims the surface, looking for attention-grabbing headlines.

I find this important regarding public perception of a number of issues
important to our society and the other organisms that share this planet
with us.  Some notable issues related to beekeeping in which I've needed to
do deep dives are pesticides, genetic engineering, the effects of trade
wars, the Farm Bill, and (especially) climate change.

Climate change is a perfect example of how you can hear shrill and
convincing voices arguing either side of something that we can only
project, and won't know who was right until it's too late to do anything
about it.
--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA