From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2019 11:35:51 -0400
> I chalk it up to those wicked cold days we had in February (4 or 5 successive days below zero).

I don't want to get in over my head on the botany of Black Locust but we get weeks of wicked below zero weather every year and some years great blooms and others not so much so I believe it is more complicated than dormant temperatures. Perhaps severe cold during the bud forming ? A lot of tree species, especially fruits, adopt a loose bi-annual rhythm but I have not noticed that they co-ordinate so I suspect other climatic factors. This year is good for me. 2 yards with lots of Locust have put on a supper already and we might have a week to go.

It could also be cell towers  :-)

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA